Thursday, May 1, 2008

More Clinton Defections

Today another superdelegate, Indiana's Joe Andrews, is expected to defect to the Obama campaign. The reason for his defection:

"He [Obama] has shown such mettle under fire. The Jeremiah Wright controversy reconfirmed for me, just as the gas tax controversy confirmed for me, that he is the right candidate for our party."

That makes me happy. Also today, Obama is expected to pick up four other superdelegates, and Hillary just gets one.

And in the last bit of news for today, my state is apparently still quite racist. I lost the link to the article, but many old folks were still a-skeered of a black man, even a black man like Obama (to quote Tom Tomorrow, "scary scary scary scary black scary scary!") . Kentucky is going to go for Hillary, sadly (I'm at the Obama office right now doing data entry), and in the general she has a better shot here, but only if blacks and progressives can swallow their vomit to vote for her and if the racists and right wingers decide Hillary over McCain.
And, well, she's showing herself sympathetic to the (I shall use a better phrase here) "willfully or unwillfully ignorant of the traditions of blacks and their churches" vote. She went to Bill O'Reilly to talk about it. Is it opposite day? Did I trip my way into an alternate universe where Richard Mellon Scaife and Bill O'Reilly and FOX are buddy buddy with the Clintons? Please, someone pinch me.

No comments: