Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Adios, Fidel

Fidel Castro
The Cuban president/dictator is stepping down. I'm not sorry, except that it has happened so late. I won't condescend to my readership and explain the history of Cuba post-revolution, I trust these facts are well enough know.
Steve Clemens at the Washington Note has a good post on this in relation to US policy.

OK -- Which of the presidential candidates is prepared to finally break US-Cuba relations out of the anachronistic Cold War cocoon they have been frozen in and initiate a new course that benefits American interests?

Read the whole thing.

1 comment:

politics watch said...

when the well financed right wing ex-cubans and all the ignorant anti-pinko americans go away or shut up.
At least that's what I gathered from my study of this history.