Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Class President

Bill Richardson, as quoted on The Trail:
"I had just been asked a question -- I don't remember which one -- and Obama was sitting right next to me. Then the moderator went across the room, I think to Chris Dodd, so I thought I was home free for a while. I wasn't going to listen to the next question. I was about to say something to Obama when the moderator turned to me and said, 'So, Gov. Richardson, what do you think of that?' But I wasn't paying any attention! I was about to say, 'Could you repeat the question? I wasn't listening.' But I wasn't about to say I wasn't listening. I looked at Obama. I was just horrified. And Obama whispered, 'Katrina. Katrina.' The question was on Katrina! So I said, 'On Katrina, my policy . . .' Obama could have just thrown me under the bus. So I said, 'Obama, that was good of you to do that.'"
Seriously, I feel like our candidates are in high school. Richardson is the guy spacing out or clowing around at the back of the room. Obama is the dude nice enough to clue him in. Thompson is the slacker who will never do a lick of work. Hillary is the extremely driven girl who nobody likes. Romney is the preppy dweeb who tries his damnedest to fit in, but just ends up being beaten-up by McCain and his friends.

No comments: